Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On 24/06/14 21:00, ARW wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 24/06/14 18:58, ARW wrote:

What makes you think they are working for half my wage?

You were on a big job in London recently weren't you?

What's the deal with sparkies? Are there lots of EU workers in that
profession?

I hear a lot of accents on the various building sites near where I
work - but I cannot associate then with any particular trades.

Well the Bulgarians are the new plasterers. But not at half the price.

The Polish are big into plumbing (but we had a Brummie team on the
London job).

Interesting. A lot of poles seem to be into the domestic handyman
business around the SE - including plumbing (fit a kitchen, bathroom,
that sort of thing).

African immigrants still seem to be the favoured choice as labourers.

It's slightly different up north - but changing.

In 1986 in York (uni) the most prevalent foreign nationals were some
yanks and a few canadians. And Albert from Hong Kong.

Even our (ethnically) korean mate was actually a brummie.

Pretty sure that is no longer the case...