Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O/T power cuts and 3 day week around the 1970s

On 2014-06-24, ARW wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 24/06/14 11:43, Mick IOW wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone remind me about the power cuts in the 1970s please?

Did the power cuts begin in September 1972 ?
Were they They3 hours on & 3 hours off ?

Then the 3 day week began in January in 1974 ?

I live on the Isle of Wight, but they were all over the UK I think?

Mick.

anecdotal (I was like 4-5 at the time)...

Me too.

I was trying to revise for my 'A' levels by the light of a Tilley lamp.

A-Levels? You old person! ;-

I was just getting to grips with the Beano...