Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default UKIP supporters

On 23/06/2014 17:35, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Adrian
wrote:

Government-by-referendum would be astonishingly expensive and dog-slow.

If that were applied to all matters, yes. But as we know, all elections
are national ones, whether they are called local or European or not.
For something as important as giving away constitutional powers, then,
I assert that governments have no power to do that unless authorised -
and shouldn't have had since the war.

Since 1688, the Consitituion is what Parliament says the Constitution is
and they can change it at will by passing an appropriate law.

--
Colin Bignell