Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One hose portable AC? (repost for Trader)

On 6/24/2014 9:07 AM, micky wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:46:35 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 6/24/2014 8:35 AM, micky wrote:
Thanks for the answer. The thing is, she has no one to put in a window
unit and that includes me. The one time I did that was in my apartment
in Brooklyn, and the first thing I did was nail** a shelf to the wooden
outside window sill, with a small block of wood to make it horizontal.
Then I put in the AC and when I let go of it, there was no chance it was
going to fall out of the window. (It also meant I could open the
window in the spring and fall, and the AC just sat there. I don't know
why everyone doesn't do it this way.)

But she has no outside window sill at all. and 80% of the weight of
those things is outside. It's the second floor, not the fifth floor
like in Brooklyn, but I still can't do it. (The windows slide
horizontally/)

Those horizontal sliders need a "casement" AC.
Which are made, but not as easy to find.

Sounds like the hose thing is going to be the
only answer. Since you don't have anyone to
put in AC, how will she carry the unit in
and take it out of the box?

That I will do.

"the windows slide horizontally/"

--