Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dr.s.lartius@gmail.com is offline

Default O/T power cuts and 3 day week around the 1970s

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 12:33:25 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

... ... My school was in same area as
a hospital and was exempt on the basis that the hospital was
protected from the cuts.

I then worked in a laboratory with a hospital nearby. We had no actual cuts, but everything except computers and essential equipment had to be off. But I had an Elliott 905. By loading -1 into the accumulator and displaying that on the console lights, and having a paper tape reader ready on the 905, and internal fluorescent tubes in the ASR33, I could still see quite well enough to do useful work even during external dark.

--
SL