Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default UKIP supporters

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 23/06/14 23:57, Tony Bryer wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:12:47 +0100 (BST) Dave Liquorice wrote :
If people chose not to vote, they also throw away their right to
complain if the result (immediate or long term) isn't to their
liking. TBH the sooner voting is made compulsilary the better.

We have compulsory voting here (which actually translates to about
90% turnout). It sounds like a good idea but the reality IME is that
each party spends a disproportionate amount of time badmouthing the
other

That does not seem so different to the UK...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...New_Danger.gif

in the hope of gaining from doing so (put simply, if I can
persuade you not to vote for them, they'll have to vote for me)

You still have the option of spoiling the paper I assume ?

Corse we do.