Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On Monday, 23 June 2014 18:01:47 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 23/06/14 17:36, Tim Streater wrote:

In article o.uk,

Dave Liquorice wrote:

If people chose not to vote, they also throw away their right to

complain if the result (immediate or long term) isn't to their

liking.

Agree.

TBH the sooner voting is made compulsilary the better.

Disagree. The size of the turnout is a powerful message to politicians

that they better find out why it is low.

I disagree - many people are just too ungrateful to those who fought for
their right to vote to be bothered.

I wonder who you'd vote for stalin hitler or Mussolini given the choice.

Tough if you don;t like teh choices.

For "non of the above" there is the option to spoil the ballot.

Was theire such a thing on the vote to join the EEC I'd heard it was a YES or a NO choice.

60% spoiled ballots would send a far more potent message than 60%
no-show as the politicians can wish away the latter as "lazy" or "don't
really care".

That's what the polititions say, which is what they want you to believe.
I did NOT vote in the recent electionj nas there wasn;t a singl;e person ort party I agreed with why should I have to vote for something I don;t agree with ?