Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Good Lord, Give Me Strength! (Moving the Shop)

On 6/23/14, 7:13 PM, Morgans wrote:

"-MIKE-" wrote

Every time I've order custom trusses, they were cheaper than the
material or as much. Even when they're not, what they save you in
time and effort makes them a no-brainer.

The stock trusses are normally considerably cheaper than the same
truss if you were to order it. The truss companies build them when
there is not enough custom orders to keep everyone working, and take
a loss on them.

There's a custom truss place 4.5 miles from my new place.
I used them before to make some custom cathedral trusses for a friend's
studio build. They were stupid cheap.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)