Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default UKIP supporters

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:12:47 +0100 (BST) Dave Liquorice wrote :
If people chose not to vote, they also throw away their right to
complain if the result (immediate or long term) isn't to their
liking. TBH the sooner voting is made compulsilary the better.

We have compulsory voting here (which actually translates to about
90% turnout). It sounds like a good idea but the reality IME is that
each party spends a disproportionate amount of time badmouthing the
other in the hope of gaining from doing so (put simply, if I can
persuade you not to vote for them, they'll have to vote for me)

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com