Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UKIP supporters

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:01:47 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

TBH the sooner voting is made compulsilary the better.

Disagree. The size of the turnout is a powerful message to

politicians
that they better find out why it is low.

So why haven't the politicains managed to do anything about it for
decades?

For "non of the above" there is the option to spoil the ballot.

60% spoiled ballots would send a far more potent message than 60%
no-show as the politicians can wish away the latter as "lazy" or "don't
really care".

+1

I don't think I've ever not voted and I have deliberately spoilt my
ballot once. It was just after we moved and found that the "rules"
meant our vote was where we had been, not where we were and couldn't
be moved. So we got postal votes and spoilt 'em.

--
Cheers
Dave.