Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Samsung LE40R88BD locking up and power cycling

"Lee" wrote in message
On 22/06/2014 01:59, Mark Zacharias wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
On 19/06/2014 16:38, N_Cook wrote:

Or is it just coincidence and an intermittant fault brought on/cleared
by close handling?.

I did wonder that, in particular heating the board changing the
eeprom, but prodding, freezing and heating seems to make no
difference, whereas a reset does.
I'm thinking a failed bga connection or maybe faulty dram. The main
chip does run quite hot...

Not sure if this relates to yours, but I have seen on some recent
vintage Samsungs the cable between the main board and power supply
develops a burned and intermittent connection at the power supply side.
A close examination of the connections would reveal if this is the case.

Mark Z.

It looked ok at first glance, but I will examine it more closely. Thanks.

We've also seen wireless modules and jog assemblies cause this type of
thing.

Sheesh. For the days when basic troubleshooting was enough. Too much purple
magic in this new stuff.

Mark Z.