Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Use for a finish sander?

On 6/22/2014 11:53 AM, dadiOH wrote:

They aren't much good on small things but on larger ones they are
the best finishing sanders I have ever used due, primarily, to the weight
and the thick felt pad.

That's exactly what I like about the old Rockwell I appropriated from my
Dad's garage.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...57627751790027

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...57628183501013

That's not "chrome-ized" plastic; it's all metal. And the pad is dense
felt. Prior to digging out that sander I had a quarter-sheet Craftsman.
The vibration used to make my hand go numb after a while. Not so with
the Rockwell. Maybe it's just the weight, but the vibration transmitted
to my hand is greatly less.

---