Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default 3" pipe???

On 6/22/2014 2:17 AM, HerHusband wrote:

As far as I know, PVC and ABS are standard in the national plumbing codes.
Of course, it's entirely possible you have a local code that supercedes the
national code. If that's the case, you would probably have to go with
galvanized again. Here in Washington state, I don't think I've ever even
seen a galvanized P-trap.

I've not kept up, but many big cities with strong unions don't follow
the national codes. Philadelphia used to insist on copper for water
pipes, Chicago used to insist on conduit, not Romex for wiring. Things
may have changed, but they kept the union members entrenched for a long
time after the rest of the country modernized.