Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Samsung LE40R88BD locking up and power cycling

On 22/06/2014 01:59, Mark Zacharias wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
On 19/06/2014 16:38, N_Cook wrote:

Or is it just coincidence and an intermittant fault brought on/cleared
by close handling?.

I did wonder that, in particular heating the board changing the
eeprom, but prodding, freezing and heating seems to make no
difference, whereas a reset does.
I'm thinking a failed bga connection or maybe faulty dram. The main
chip does run quite hot...

Not sure if this relates to yours, but I have seen on some recent
vintage Samsungs the cable between the main board and power supply
develops a burned and intermittent connection at the power supply side.
A close examination of the connections would reveal if this is the case.

Mark Z.

It looked ok at first glance, but I will examine it more closely. Thanks.