Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default New furnace ?

philo wrote:
On 06/19/2014 05:27 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/19/2014 3:46 PM, philo wrote:
I have a 21 year old 80,000 BTU 80% efficiency gas furnace than I'm
looking to replace this year or possibly next. House is 1900 sq ft.
The only repair it's needed was an igniter.

Present ductwork and insulation is fine. I am getting new electric
service in a few weeks.

I am looking for a ballpark figure on what I should expect a contractor
to charge to replace the unit with a high-efficiency type...plus add
central air.

I live in Milwaukee and it only occasionally gets up to 100 F...
but we can get up to a week of sold 90+ degree weather.

What is a good, reliable brand?

Between three and four grand.
Goodman. Simple, reliable, inexpensive.

You may also ask a couple more questions.

I never even heard of Goodman...thanks

Hi,
Goodman is like Timex watch, known for value if installed properly.
The key is good installation.