nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenignBodger View Post
Yes, you _could_ chuck up an SDS bit in a regular drill. The shaft size is
10mm so virtually any drill would accommodate one although you'd want a
keyed chuck since a keyless might not tighten enough to hold. Why anyone
would want to do this is beyond me though.
I'm thinking that you'd have better luck putting the SDS bit in a 1/2 inch chuck so that it would go in deeper and the chuck jaws would grab around the round portion of the drill bit shank in front of the machined end.