Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Safe way to remove branches around power transformer?

Doc Savage wrote:
I have a tree with branches that are beginning to impinge on the power
line going from the transformer to the house. What are the safety
considerations in removing these branches myself? If I'm up in the tree
with a pole saw and don't contact the lines is there still an
electrocution hazard?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Call your power co. they'll come out and take care of it.

Not everywhe
1. Most utility companies trim trees only along public roads.
Trees between the public right of way and your house are
your responsibility and your cost.
2. Some utilities have found it cheaper to outsource
tree trimming to other companies. This usually delays
the task.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs