Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default heat pump water heater

Judson McCranie wrote:
Not really a repair, but our electric water heater is 17 years old,
but working OK. We are a family of three, but I think we use a lot
more hot water than an average family of three (some of us take long
baths). Our electric company will give us $250 for replacing it with
a heat pump water heater. Can you give me an estimate of the
reduction of electricity use if we do change?

Don't forget that if the WH is in a heated area, it is going to make the area
cooler. If the area is heated with electricity, the total electricity used will
be higher, or your gas or oil heat will use more fuel.

They must need a condensate pump on these thing too.