Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default OT Chipped car keys and magnets?

" wrote in
:

The magnet should not have any effect on the chip in the key. But, I
think Mark's suggestion about putting the chipped key somewhere inside
the car and just putting an unchipped key in the hidden outside key
holder is best, it is what I have done, so far haven't needed it,

An unchipped key will work on the door? A lock shop has the blank and can
cut a copy of the ignition/door key without the chip portion? Evidently
from what I've read here both answers are yes.

--
"Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued
as highly as antique furniture!" Anon