Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default New furnace ?

On 06/21/2014 06:07 AM, James wrote:
e brand?

I had a 60,000 BTU Goodman forced air furnace and 2-1/2 ton AC system
installed in 2010. Both were the top high-efficiency models.
IIRC, the check I wrote was for $8,600.

And in all fairness to the Goodman dealer, $250 of that was for the city
mechanical inspection / cash-grab.
The inspector (I use that term loosely) walked in, glanced at the
furnace from 25' away, copied the model number from the bill of sale and
left. $250 well spent.

When I got married for the first time it was required to get a doctor's
exam for VD. He just asked me if I had anything. I said "no" and he
wrote a statement saying I was OK. I was charged $25 I think.

Anyway quite a few here have recommended Goodman and I like the idea of
it using standard parts. I do the repairs myself and though it's usually
not a problem getting proprietary parts, they are typically very expensive.