Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default OT what do you think of this wheel balancer

On Friday, June 20, 2014 7:29:04 AM UTC-5, stryped wrote:
http://owensboro.craigslist.org/tls/4524860669.html

As I have posted before, thought about purchasing one for my home shop to be able to balance tires on my 3 cars. I guess this is a China unit but I don't know.

Probably a good unit, but I've been able to pick up comparable balances for well under $300. Always a tire shop closing up somewhere.

I bought a tire machine and balance when I was actively racing. saved me some money, but mostly it saved me time and travel to and from the store. When the tire shops went to $70 a set (with me bringing them in) it made it worthwhile.

FWIW, I sold my last computer balancer and kept a bubble balancer. For my infrequent use it works just fine. Still have an old rim-clamp Coats changer though.