Phil Johnson

Default wobble

Having returned to turning for the first time since school, (many years ago)
and have managed to full our house with many small bowls, hollow forms,
couple of lamps, pens, and some thin platters etc. using up all my hoarded
timber.
Four months into this renaissance, I have recently started to spot my work
pieces "wobbling" whilst spinning, made very apparent when attempting to cut
a 4 x 1mm groove and inset a contrasting band near the rim of a part-turned
(outside only) 8" sycamore bowl blank (faceplate mounted), and was even more
apparent when reversed and "chucked"
The lathe, tools and my current experience are all four months old, and the
"wobble" seems progressive. The lathe bearings, and the chuck have just been
checked by the supplier (Axminster) and found to be well within tolerance.
Thus they have decided, the problem is me!
Any help, what am I doing wrong?