Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default 120v 60Hz surround sound system in European-socket

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:49:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

=20
Since it's now been made clear, the bottom line is that you plugged a=20
=20
115 volt only device into a 230v outlet.
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
Check your surround sound system to see if it has a fuse.

I agree. I'd do that before wasting time hauling it over to
a store that has 120V. It's almost certain that either a fuse is
blown, if he's lucky, or worse if he's not. He could also see if he
can find a schematic for it that would show if it has a fuse. If
it were me, I'd just take the cover off and look.

You're right. I should have thought of a fuse.

They can be mounted in the back metal panel with some sort of black
plastic cover (although I don't know if they do that anymore) or they
can be inside the main cover.