Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT, Bakersfield CA relocation.

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:13:58 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

I have found my current career path at a dead end because of the company I
work for. I have gained the skills they need but they outsource the work
and don't have a position open for what they need.

Anyway, I'm open to relocation now and have been contacted by a recruiter
for a position in Bakersfield CA. at Chevron. I told the recruiter that I
wouldn't' be interested unless the position paid an outrageous amount of
money. He asked how much I have in mind, and hence this post. This is a 28
hour drive from my current location and where my family lives. To consider
this position, I need an estimate of the cost of living in the Bakersfield
area. What I want would be enough money to equal what I make now plus the
additional cost of living in Bakersfield (a place to live plus utilities)
plus enough to fly my family home multiple times per year.

I've found some positions I'm trying for within 5 or 6 hour drive that pay
in the $120k range, I'm thinking I'd want $150K to relocate to Bakersfield,
but I don't know the cost of living there.

RogerN

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstime.../001/?ID=26109
http://www.erieri.com/RelocationAsse...FSwS7AodqG0AiQ
http://www.apartments.com/California/Bakersfield/?frontdoor=google&cmp=GMSA&O_PK=apartment%20in%20b akersfield%20ca#xkLmAsrrDwgP%2f5ZvW2jPQnGOUp9mGVIz x5L2ja-|fB8rvhGEXfk8sbLW36beZKFJYRrbEN-|QLlMz9QkCEz%2fK1N1W2w88PDtQQH%2f8iAcYHlZ04fheBJ0Y %2fZuLO4weGHnTTInehoXHGa7ejt%2fmgFLi9J-|IvtQq-|MNRuIVFJvdO8LFkXj89J6y9nSAx7xTKvmstLNfKz0gCrp09fz 2CGqf-|NtQqU2Z3-|r%2fwu
http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/l...263517601.html
http://www.citywatchla.com/8br-hidde...elves-to-blame
snip
And, of course, you can’t beat our air quality where we are
totally dominant, according to the American Lung
Association. Los Angeles, Bakersfield, Visalia, Fresno,
Sacramento Hanford and San Diego hold the top seven places
for ozone and six of the top 10 spots for year-round
particle pollution.
/snip
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"