Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Bradford White Water Heater

BenDarrenBach wrote:
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:37:50 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

Do you think it could just be the way that my house sits? That somehow the

wind, even if not strong could be putting it out? Weird thing is, we lived

in this house for several years with the old water heater and it never went

out. Not sure what that one was. Never really needed to look at it until

it did have a problem.

Many newer units have thermopiles rather than thermo-couples...and some, usually commercial units, have 2 thermopiles to operate a motorized flue damper. The most important thing for both is "flame spread" on the thermo-couple/pile.

Hi,
Some gas valves have pilot flame adj. screw under a cap. Check it out.
Try adfjusting the position of flame nozzle. Your heater is new and it
has pilot??? Once I read an article if all the pilots are off in every
residence in U.S. The saved amount of NG could heat entire NYC.
Think about that.