Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to scrub diesel exhaust

On 2014-06-20, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:37:42 -0500, Ignoramus27780

On 2014-06-18, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus27780 wrote:

I bought a forklift today. It is a 30,000 lbs forklift with a diesel

engine.

To make it more palatable indoors, I would like to find some way to

scrub/purify exhaust gases. Can I add something, like a catalytic

converter, DEF box, afterburner, or some such?

A DPF would trap soot, however they also need to be regenerated

regularly so you can't just add one to an exhaust system not designed

for them.

And what about trapping noxious gases?

All the new fuels and contraptions actually create a whole lot more

toxic gases than the old sooty engines did. But it's "green"!

I am a practical person. I do not care about politics of pollution,

when I think about this forklift. All I want is

1) THat my people can work with this forklift when it is inside

2) That I am not kicked out of businesses for stinking up their

building.

Maybe you should have thought about this before buying the forklift.

No doubt all you cared about was the low price you "stole" this diesel forklift for.