Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rigida7147@aol.com is offline

Default Precisely how easy is it to ENTIRELY wipe fingerprints off of blankAvery address labels?

I have two packages of Avery address labels that I bought in 1998 and there are a lot of blank labels still left in each of the packages and so I was wondering if it is possible to remove my fingerprints from them so that a postal inspector or the police can't recover them.

What about taking a pencil eraser and running it over the address labels for a few minutes? Or what about using a damp rag with some diluted dishwashing soap?

What are some different ways of doing this?

Or is it sometimes not at all possible to do? In other words, in some instances is it impossible to remove fingerprints from paper? In other words, is it sometimes impossible to erase fingerprints from paper? In other words, is there no way to remove fingerprints that are seeped too deeply into some kinds of paper? I'm not just merely referring to Avery address labels--I mean ALL different kinds of paper. For example: typing paper, those yellow note pads with lines, tracing paper, glossy paper, brown paper bags to name a few. Also, if a fingerprint cures, does this mean that it cannot be wiped off of paper? Or does it not have to cure at all. That is to say, are there certain kinds of paper that if you touch it too hard with your fingers, that the fingerprints you thus make will be permanently imbedded into the paper?

Thank you in advance.