Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to scrub diesel exhaust

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:37:42 -0500, Ignoramus27780

On 2014-06-18, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus27780 wrote:

I bought a forklift today. It is a 30,000 lbs forklift with a diesel
engine.

To make it more palatable indoors, I would like to find some way to
scrub/purify exhaust gases. Can I add something, like a catalytic
converter, DEF box, afterburner, or some such?

A DPF would trap soot, however they also need to be regenerated
regularly so you can't just add one to an exhaust system not designed
for them.

And what about trapping noxious gases?

All the new fuels and contraptions actually create a whole lot more
toxic gases than the old sooty engines did. But it's "green"!
Feh!

--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe