Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Radio Antenna on street lights

In article ,
scribeth thus
On Thursday, 12 December 2013 19:12:58 UTC, mogga wrote:
We're getting some new street lights and have noticed they have little

antennas on the top.

What is it for? They look like they have a light detetctor same as the

old ones too.

--

http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Weve just got these outside our house and our Wifi is now limited to the room
where the router is instead of the whole house :S

These things here?.

If there're seemingly causing you wi-fi problems then I'd look elsewhere
for the cause of that problem as they work at very low power around the
868 MHz band waay below that used for wi-fi applications....

http://www.telensa.com/systems-produ...s-and-modules/

Scroll down a bit..
--
Tony Sayer