Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 120v 60Hz surround sound system in European-socket

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:28:02 AM UTC-4, philo* wrote:
On 06/18/2014 10:44 PM, John Galt wrote:

replying to philo , John Galt wrote:

philo wrote:

At this point we don't know for sure if his converter failed or if

it was the surround sound system

Alight, well can't really say thanks to everyone, ( if i wrote a

publication? seriously? what kind of website is this?) It seems like

there are some smart guys around here, so if you want to show it.

It is an Altec Lansing Model 251 (120V 60Hz)

(http://www.manualslib.com/manual/478...51.html#manual)

Since it's now been made clear, the bottom line is that you plugged a

115 volt only device into a 230v outlet.

Check your surround sound system to see if it has a fuse.

I agree. I'd do that before wasting time hauling it over to
a store that has 120V. It's almost certain that either a fuse is
blown, if he's lucky, or worse if he's not. He could also see if he
can find a schematic for it that would show if it has a fuse. If
it were me, I'd just take the cover off and look.