Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A/C blower fan controller?

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:16:26 PM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
So the compressor runs and then at some point the A/C decides to turn on the blower fan. Mine works fine for awhile, but then it starts turning the fan on and then off again, within a few seconds, as if it can't decide whether the coil is cold enough.

Are we talking about a central AC system that's part of
a furnace? A window unit? A mini-split?

IDK what the latter does, but in all the first two types
that I've seen, the coil temp doesn't control the blower.
The blower is turned on and the compressor start at the
same time. When it shuts off, the blower typically stays
on for another minute or two after the compressor goes
off.