Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air conditioning decision

On 6/18/2014 6:46 PM, trader_4 wrote:
The good news is that these systems are a lot more efficient than they
were 20 years ago. A 14 SEER system on a 1500 sq ft house shouldn't
cost that much to run. You can keep the house at 76, and with the
reduction in humidity, I find it quite comfortable. I think the difference
in electric cost isn't going to be that great, and if you make a decision
based on that, it would be a mistake. Plus in NJ, it's only going to
be used substantially for 3 months of the year.

BTW, in comparing those systems capacities, one ton is 12K BTUs.

And, here is your chance to tell us all what "one ton"
is.....

--
..
Christopher A. Young