Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Why is the bridge rectifier output shorted when the swtich is not On.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:48:45 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

** If it weren't so close to the housing, it would be easy, but
otoh, I have one or two broken B&Decker mowers so I can take the part
from them if that turns out to be easier than fixing the wires it has.
I have to strip the other one or two lawn mowers anyhow, before trashing
t hem.

I say "one or two" because tThe original broken mower might just need a
new bridge rectifier. It still runs, just slowly, maybe on one side of
the AC curve and one pair of rectfiers.

Hi,
I think that shown is block diagram(simplified version) Full wave
rectifier bridge does not produce pure DC, it has to be further
filtered. There must be a filtering caps in the mower too. NO?

No. I took apart one of the three this evening, and no caps at all. It
was just like the drawing.

I guess the spinning blade and armature are like a flywheel, evening out
the spinning.