Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

Adrian wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:33:20 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Less dangerous than some twonk changing a tyre on the brow of a hill or
just round a bend or even lane 3 of a motorway?

Is it safer for them to spend ten minutes there, changing a wheel, or an
hour and a half there, waiting for the recovery wagon?

('course, nobody but an utter ****nugget would do any of those anyway -
anybody with a quarter of a firing brain cell would limp to a safe place
to do either)

Having had a front tyre disintegrate while in lane3, it isn't much fun
trying to get over to the hard shoulder in a hurry, is there an approved
hand gesture?

But I agree a can of gunk and pump are not satisfactory, space savers
just about but I'd rather have full sized spare.

Yep, it's nice to have a compressor come "free" with the car for the
occasional slow puncture, but the gunge is absolutely useless when
you've only got smoking ruins of a tyre left.

I will never buy a car without a spare of some type again, current car
has a space saver which I've used a couple of times, and I've bought a
cheapo compressor to sling in the boot.