Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chinese knockoffs.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:10:36 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Guv Bob wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

But after witnessing that, there is no way I am taking a chance on a Chinese
knockoff. I ordered straight from GE where I know I am getting the right
thing.

Beware of any appliances or parts these days. Most if not all are made overseas.

My Frigidaire (Model 40064747757 Nov 2007) developed strain cracks around the burners in the stove top where indentations had been pressed out. Typically this is caused by either poor quality steel or drawing lubricant during the stamping process. It's a mfg defect - not caused by use. Fridigidaire would not replace it - only would sell me a new stove top over $300.

Here's a photo showing the cracks. Cracks go all the way through the metal:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...in/DEFECTS.gif

Hi,
Frigidaire is not top tier product to begin with.
I never owned one.

Used to be, 50 years ago.