Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default VW Generators

"dennis@home" wrote in message
b.com...
On 18/06/2014 12:02, John Rumm wrote:
On 16/06/2014 00:24, Johny B Good wrote:

Basically I'm turning the current boiler's 79.2% efficiency (20.8%
loss) into high value electric energy (turning the efficiency equation
on its head so to speak).

I think the laws of thermodynamics might have something to say about
that!

There is an element of some sense in the idea but I reckon you'll still
need a mains connection one way or the other..

There'd be no sense at all in running a micro CHP generator _without_
a connection to the grid otherwise you're going to have a problem
storing all that surplus electrical energy - the grid makes an
excellent storage facility.

That will be news to national grid...

A lot of greens think the grid stores their power and that they don't burn
any carbon when the sun goes in. Like I said to harry, the greens always
have the wrong answer.

Only you are so dense Den.
The greens have seen our present situation arising decades ago.
You can't even comprehend it now.