Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Chinese knockoffs.

philo wrote:
On 06/18/2014 07:36 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
Has this become very common lately? I know that dollar stores have
always sold Chinese crap and I have avoided that. But recently I
ordered an extra wall plug in for our Iphone 5's and it wasn't an Apple
product. Ordered from Ebay. Never again. The thing was a joke! The
prongs on it looked weird and wouldn't even go into the outlet.

snip for some things a Chinese knock off may be OK but I would
defiantly not cheap out for those 115v to USB adapters for iPhones.
I've heard of people getting electrocuted.

Also, the cord itself for the iPhone is a piece of crap...yes the
genuine Apple product. Even though they will supposedly exchange it
free...they only last a few months.

I got a Belkin cord for my wife and after four months there is no sign
of wear. For all I know it's made in China too...but where ever it's
made Belkin is a good product.

Hi,
What you mean? Apple is made in China too, LOL! Expect some quality
stuff from Amazon or Dollar store? There are things you buy from there
and things you go to specialty store. Chinese knock off has difference
is quality too. Again you get what you pay for. An example, I have a
high end home theater gear; AV receiver, speakers, all made in China.
Their quality is very high justifying the high price. For an example
look at the price for an Anthem AV receiver or Paradigm speakers.