Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default VW Generators

On 18/06/2014 12:02, John Rumm wrote:
On 16/06/2014 00:24, Johny B Good wrote:

Basically I'm turning the current boiler's 79.2% efficiency (20.8%
loss) into high value electric energy (turning the efficiency equation
on its head so to speak).

I think the laws of thermodynamics might have something to say about that!

There is an element of some sense in the idea but I reckon you'll still
need a mains connection one way or the other..

There'd be no sense at all in running a micro CHP generator _without_
a connection to the grid otherwise you're going to have a problem
storing all that surplus electrical energy - the grid makes an
excellent storage facility.

That will be news to national grid...

A lot of greens think the grid stores their power and that they don't
burn any carbon when the sun goes in. Like I said to harry, the greens
always have the wrong answer.