Bob Pritchard

Default New turner and issues of procedure

Hi Kevin, I think most everyone hangs on tight when they first start turning.
You can listen to everyone tell you to relax and use a lighter grip but untill
you feel comfortable it isn't going to happen.
Once you feel more comfident you will find you loosen up and actually enjoy
yourself more.
Be sure your lathe is at the right height and your toolrest is set correctly
for the tool you are using.
And most importantly turn with your body not with your arms.

Hello all,

I got a new lathe a little over a month ago and have noticed a few things
that I would appreciate some comments on - in particular physical
strains/difficulties.

Bob, Naugatuck Ct.
http://www.outofcontrol-woodturning.com