Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 120v 60Hz surround sound system in European-socket

"John Galt" wrote in
message oups.com...
Hey,
So I've been using a simple adapter piece for my computer and phone etc..
and all have charged fine. I've used that piece for my american surround
system (120v 60hz). It initially turned on, made a "whomp" noise, usually
like when I turn my amp on, however it didn't come back on. Have I blown
it? if I get a power converter, will it work again?

What is the voltage where you are at ? It may be 240 volts. You could have
blown the adapter if it is not rated for the current of the sound system.
See if you may have just blown a fuse on the sound system.