Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Connecting free-standing shed to house

"Moe DeLoughan" wrote in message ...
On 6/16/2014 2:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Guv Bob" wrote:
"BurkesLaw" wrote in message
Here is a serious answer. Get a portable garage and do not put on the
ends, butt those to the house and shed. Or get a 10'x20 and not worry about the shed.

Thanks, good idea! In fact, a portable garage instead of the shed might
work in this case. Also thinking ahead to whenever I see the house.
I've seen professional but unpermitted construction in this neighborhood kill a sale.

Can a portable garage handle the weather wherever it is that you live? Is
snow load an issue?

Also, are there any regulations in your area limiting the amount of
time a temporary structure can be in place, or even where it is
located on the property? My town ended up creating rules on these
after too many people put them into their yards for permanent storage.
They are unsightly; too many make a neighborhood look low rent.

Only regulations are that structures over 6-ft in height must be 5-feet from another structure or a property line. Still can't be connected to the house, though.