Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Poor mans electric fence

On 6/14/2014 11:47 PM, mike wrote:

Harbor Freight will sell you a solar powered fence charger for $66
less 20 or 25% coupon.
Older I get, the more I shy away from "helping" someone do something
that may cause someone to "claim" they were harmed.
Just not worth all the legal hassles you can get into.

I thought one of the HF chargers would be just the thing for a deer
fence around the garden. Worked great till winter came. Then the amount
of daylight was not enough to recharge the battery for all night use and
eventually the whole thing became useless.

Just the solar charger and battery now work great to power the trail
camera for long term use. Disconnected the charger portion.

Paul