Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Loosening a ceiling rose

In message , Adrian C
writes
On 15/06/14 12:13, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Timothy Murphy
escribió:

Any better suggestions?

Couple sharp raps with a screwdriver handle to loosen the threads.
Clean off the WD40 (that was a waste of time) and use a Marigold glove
to grip it and give it lots of welly.

SDS chisel, angle grinder, multi-master, pressure washer, hot air gun,
demolition ball.

I once went to an auction where amongst other things there was a
screened room for disposal, for emc testing equipment. Part of the
description in the catalogue said "explosives are not allowed in the
removal of this lot" (I assumed that they meant cutting charges, rather
than blowing the building down)

You forgot to mention explosives, some ceiling roses I have had may just
about have yielded to them.

Either of the above will move it, and gaffa tape to fix remains ....

Good stuff gaffer tape :-)
--
Bill