Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New drill/driver

" wrote in
:

*snip*

I have no doubt that some of the accessories from Ryobi will fit
Ridgid and the other way around. It makes sense; why not have
interchangeability for accessories that provide service for infrequent
use? Most professionals buy only single use tools, but a homeowner
may have occasional use for many operations that these lightweight
accessories would be a perfect fit. I have to say after looking at HD
this morning I didn't see any interchangeable accessories for the
respective hand drill lines.

*snip*

Robert

Black & Decker had an interesting drill concept a short time ago. I
bought one of their interchangable drills last year, and thought the idea
was pretty good. It had a module that was driven by a single motor, so
if you wanted to change from drill to driver, you popped off the drill
module and popped on the driver module. It seemed to work alright, but I
took it back because the motor/gears sounded like it was grinding rocks.

I never did try the impact driver module, based on the gear noises I knew
I was taking the thing back and getting something else.

I think someone here mentioned it and was impressed with the demo unit he
had.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.