Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New drill/driver

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:16:10 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 6/13/14, 11:55 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:15:52 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 6/13/2014 9:15 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/13/14, 7:53 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 19:56:02 -0400, "Morgans"
Nope. Never happen. It is physics, and chemistry. It has
to do with the electrons in the shells that are available to
change place and be used as electricity. Even if you get all
of them to change place with 100% efficiency (which will also
never happen) there is a limit to the amount of charge you
can get from a battery.

Maybe under our current technology, but that can change. But,
if we're both still alive in ten years and enough of my memory
is intact, I'll email to say "told you so".

Not unless you're talking about something different than a
battery. If we're talking batteries.... well, there's a reason
the dry cell has barely changed in size in the last century.

I'm thinking way too much stuff runs on a hand full of sizes.

Over the last number of years the current capacity of a simple AA or
a simple 9 volt battery has increased significantly - particularly
in the rechargeable versions I remember 80mah 9 volt ni-cads. 350mah
Nimh are now pretty standard, with Lithiums going over 600mah

I'll give you that. But I just don't see a logarithmic scale happening
here, like you see in other technologies.
If the chemistry of the dry cell was as advancing as say, the speed of
microprocessors, we'd have drills that you only charged once a year. :-)

And if you hit something they wouldn't go through, they'd either snap
your wrist like a nono-toothpick or throw youhalfway to mars with
their uber-torque.
"if automobiles had advanced as quickly as computers, by 2000 we'd
have been driving at twice the speed of light while riding on the
head of a pin - in 1990 that would have been the speed of sound on a
postage stamp"