Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Home Depot 5-Gallon Buckets: Standards?

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 6/13/2014 10:45 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
After buying a few after-market bucket covers, it's dawned on me that
Home Depot's 5-gallon buckets (the orange ones with their logo...)
measure something like 1/8" wider at the rim than do Lowes' and Tractor
Supply's.

Is there a backstory here?

Different suppliers, different tooling to make them. I get a half dozen
products in 5 gallon containers and they are all different. Some snap
on, some twist on, some sturdier. Would not surprise me if they varied
east coast versus west coast if they are made in different plants.

Do the West coast ones have racing stripes and the East coat have American
flags on them?

--
Tekkie