Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default New drill/driver

wrote

It still works fine. But I am taking a look at this tool set for the
first time.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2034068...hop_This_Combo

My electrician uses it for all kinds of drilling, screw driving, and has
even use it with a wire brush to clean up fixtures. He uses the hell out
of both the drill and the driver every single day. He is on his third
set. According to him, they last about 2 1/2 to 3 years, and then he
simply tosses them. I have never had any of my DeWalt or Hitachi drills
last longer than that.

The guy I was working for had that line of tools. I loved them. The
smaller battery is OK for running some screws in, but for heavy drilling or
sawing, you want the 4000mAh pack, for length of run and higher pull of
amps. Drilled 5/8th holes in 2x pressure treated, and ran portable skill
saws and sawzalls all day long. Never had a lack of power. They also have
a huge line of tools using the same system, all the way up to leaf blowers
and weed eaters, to saws, jigsaws, sawzalls and impact drivers. That is a
huge plus for me. Also have a charging station to charge a bunch of
batteries at one time. You can't go wrong, IMHO. They truly are as tough
as industrial/professional tools.

Now, would I take a Milwaukee line over these? You bet. Not anything else
though, and not if I had to pay for it!
--
Jim in NC

---