Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Too good to be true

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 23:38:50 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

On 6/12/2014 8:16 PM, wrote:
I need to replace my busted electric lawn mower.

A guy on Craig's list is selling one, Black & Decker, with bag, that he
says he used only one summer, 19", paid 300 for, and wants 50 for.

Too good to be true? Stolen? How do I tell if it is stolen?

No box, no instructions, but a lot of people throw away the box and lose
the instructions. How important are the instructions as an indicator?

He wants cash only. But that's just prudent, right?

Does B&D sell a walk-behind AC-powered mower for that much, 300?

Unless he's moving soon, why would he sell so cheap? Even if he's
moving, the other ones for sale, no one even emailed me back, which I
presume means they sold theirs already. All for more or a lot more
than $50

Why would you care if it is stolen?

Wow. Because I'm not a thief and I don't cooperate with thieves.

And I'll never do business with you or trust anything you say. Would
you, in my shoes?