Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Too good to be true

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:16:32 -0400, wrote in

I need to replace my busted electric lawn mower.

A guy on Craig's list is selling one, Black & Decker, with bag, that he
says he used only one summer, 19", paid 300 for, and wants 50 for.

Too good to be true? Stolen? How do I tell if it is stolen?

You really can't tell if it's stolen. Just get a signed reciept and
that will at least protect you from any criminal charge.

He wants cash only. But that's just prudent, right?

Right.

Does B&D sell a walk-behind AC-powered mower for that much, 300?

I don't know, but I wouldn't buy one for 1/4 that price if they did.
They are useless.

Unless he's moving soon, why would he sell so cheap?

Because it's junk.