Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using JB Weld on a chair?

"Terry Coombs" on Thu, 12 Jun 2014 07:33:42 -0500

It is either JB weld or I find someone with a welding kit. Or go hit
the yard sales, etc.

Weld it or toss it , JB ain't gonna hold . I had a chair like yours , the
plate at the top of the gas tube cracked in half - in fact that's why the
chair was tossed . Welded it a total of 3 times before other parts gave up ,
but I still have the black leather it was covered with . Might need it some
day !

Good point. I figure that if I toss it, I'll probably salvage the
seat. The cat likes it, anyway.
--
pyotr filipivich